Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thoughts.

Been sometime seriously since this blog has been updated. And among all the four authors of this blog, only the Js in the blog seem to be still rather active here. Looks like it's still fine this way. Better than nothing, I would say.

Look, I'm not one to be absolutely politically active in my life, and if you know me as an individual, you will know why but yet, I am not blind to see how unrest is happening here in my own country and is just bound to erupt sooner not later.

Yes, the other author of this blog has been rather open with his views about the recent events happening here in Malay-sia and I am here to say that, there is much truth in what he has said. It's not that I'm gonna say more of what he has said but just that, even for someone like me who isn't that updated with the political situation here, I am also aware of what is going on.

So much is always been said on the dinner tables, even during the Chinese New Year celebrations and I find this rather disturbing. Such celebrations last time was really awesome, with everyone just in the mood to laugh and enjoy. Now all I hear at the dinner table, is how this politician is wrongly accused or how this politician is so backstabbing...

What is wrong with this world we live in? Or have we been just living a so-called fantasy of everything being peaceful, a fantasy probably created by our previous prime ministers?
What is going on? I am not living in peace here!

All these hidden agendas been kept from the public's eyes are now haunting back. Perhaps the release of such ghosts will finally clear everything or will it shatter the entire country to its core? Maybe only time will tell for that.

For now, let it be that this world we living in has a deep scar that must not be ignored. We being the future generation to take over the country later must understand unity in its deepest meaning. Be truthful to yourselves and treat others like how you would to your friends. Racism is not the way and let it stop by starting from you.
It does not matter the colour we have in our skin, in the end we must all know that we are born in the same land and same soil. No matter what the other might believe in, as long as we know that life is much richer when everyone is holding a peace sign to another without the index finger down.(Thanks Jeremy for the inspiration here.)

Maybe there is a song that can create thoughts here, a song which can be said rather old but yet, the lyrics are so meaningful...It is a treasure in the history of music. For those that might be familiar with it, the song is entitled "Imagine", a song by the famous Beatle, John Lennon. Yes, imagine the world with certain things it can do without. Imagine the difference it could probably make, for better or for worse, that is yet to be known.

And I end this article short because in truth, I am not prepared for this article with any huge message to pass on. I am only here with a short thought I had when I read my friend's articles earlier.
Hopefully, my words mean something to you loyal readers here and maybe bring food for thought.
And how would we know, ideas will generate which can help to make this world a better place for tomorrow!
Thank you for listening to my thought.








2 comments:

Senhor Diferente said...

A well written post my friend. All of us should do our best to make the world a better place. Every little bit helps.

Chester Chin said...

What this blog needs is a total makeover..."queer eye for the straight guy" kind of thing...kapish?